These five driving errors are ruined by the manual transmission! (VIDEO)
These five basic mistakes are often repeated by less experienced drivers, and each of them significantly increases the wear of all parts of the manual transmission…
It is well known that students in driving schools gain too little knowledge about car mechanics, as well as about the wrong driving style that harms the car. Driving according to the regulations is not all that is needed to keep the car in good condition. That is why older and more experienced drivers often point out to young people errors that do not affect driving safety, but greatly reduce the durability of the car's mechanical components.
The vast majority of them come down to improper handling of the manual transmission. Unlike an automatic, a manual transmission offers better control of the vehicle, but at the same time requires more attention when using it. Every experienced mechanic knows very well that clutch wear can be increased several times by careless driving.
1. Rest your right hand on the shift lever
2. Hold the clutch pedal depressed while waiting
3. Keeping the car uphill using the clutch, instead of the parking brake
4. Abrupt acceleration in high gear
5. Rest the left foot on the clutch pedal, instead of on the foot rest